Friday, August 21, 2009

Undissed

So it is Friday night and I am home in bed already. What did I do today that would leave me so exhausted? I recovered from a hangover, got a mani-pedi with one of my girlfriends, and then had some dinner with her and her boyfriend. I am now in PJs, with a copy of The Great Gatsby in my lap, and I am blogging. Hot stuff. But give me a break, I have a long day tomorrow.

So I was not dissed by the pro arm wrestler. I did receive an email back from him a little while ago that I was excited to read because I thought that I would hear, once and for all, if arm wrestling could, in fact, be professional. This is what it said:

"What up?"

He then signed it with an awkwardly familiar abbreviation of his first name, which I would not be comfortable using even if I were good friends with him. Can he read? I sent a three paragraph email with specific questions regarding his profile and pasttimes. Totally ignored so that he could write "What up?" So weird. Should I write back "Not much" and then sign it with an abbreviation of my own name in a bid to remain consistent? Not sure how to respond to this one.

I got another email this morning on match from a guy who is from eastern Pennsylvania. To be perfectly honest, that's a little bit too far for me, but he is also 4 years outside of my age range. I shouldn't be hung up on age, and I know this - but again, all I can think of is old saggy wrinkly balls. Yikes! On the eHarmony side, I have been communicating with a guy a few years younger who seems, truth be told, a little bit boring, and I am basing this solely on his lackluster profile and mundane answers to the multiple choice questions I've sent him so far.

I know I am only four days into this "project" but I am sincerely hoping that it gets a little spicier, and fast!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, just answer back not much and see what you get. That is lame...just lame on his part.

    ReplyDelete