Thursday, August 27, 2009

Grammar Guy is Kind of Boring

I feel mean saying this, but Grammar Guy is kind of boring. One of my girlfriends said "Well, he likes proper grammar..." but I also like proper grammar, and I don't think that I'm boring. OK so maybe I don't like it like it, but I am definitely into it.

I have given him a couple of opportunities to talk - we IMed for a little while on Monday, and it was certainly pleasant, but I don't know that there was really a connection. I mean, granted, not everyone can "connect" while speaking via an electronic medium, but I was expecting at least a little bit of "same brain" to happen. It didn't. Then yesterday I shot him another IM. What a damn drag. It was the most boring conversation, and we didn't even say goodbye to each other. Where is the witty guy who sent me a charming email this past Sunday? I'd love to know what the eff happened to the Original Grammar Guy because I liked him.

So I am going to give it a few more tries - I think the funny guy has to be in there, and I want to make it my mission to pull him out of there. I feel like I've been giving an awful lot of attention to the Pro Arm Wrestler (who may need a new nickname because we haven't really spoken about it at all), and that's probably just because he's easy to talk to and we have a lot in common. This project is about expanding my horizons, about breaking my past cycles of dating the same guys over and over, and here I am back in the same pattern. I need to be fair to the multiples.

Truth be told, I've kind of been neglecting other people who have been emailing me and sending winks - I don't think I'm all that good at multitasking, but I said I would at least respond to everyone. I need to get refocused, and not be scared to communicate with more than just one or two people at once. I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that you must juggle more boys. In order to do a true test, you need to have more specimens to test your theories, and to challenge yourself as well. I say juggle at least 4, maximum 7. You can do it - women make excellent multi-taskers.

    ReplyDelete