Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Answered Prayer?

I am both a grammar and spelling nerd. I spend more time than I care to admit either cringing at, or correcting, my friends' incorrect uses of your vs. you're. Do not even get me started on "their, they're and there." But this is who I am, and I am unashamed of my penchant for proper English.

So you can imagine my delight when I received an email from a guy on match.com who included in his own profile that he thinks that "proper grammar is sexy." I know this makes me a total loser...but I don't care.

This guy is nice-looking (judging from his couple of pictures), a few inches taller than me, a few years older than me, and seems intelligent, laid back, and funny. Could he be the lucky man to win the honor of being the first date I document on this blog? I emailed him back quickly and texted a girlfriend his Match "handle" so she could scope him out and give me her opinion. (No, I don't need approval from my friends about the guys I date - but a second pair of eyes is never a bad idea.)

In any case, I am anxiously awaiting my next email from Grammar Guy, and not just because I know everything will be spelled correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment