Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hmmm...

I got an email on Snoozeharmony this weekend from a guy who is currently unemployed and living at home with his parents. Now I don't want to be a judgy judgerson, since I have been in the same boat since March...but I wouldn't email that to anyone in the initial message.

But here's what is really the most strange to me - he divulged that he was fired in May. Fired not laid off. He also said that he spends his days relaxing. Not looking for work, relaxing. Also, he lives at home with his parents because he can't see spending money on rent when it's almost the same as a mortgage. I know a lot of people share those feelings about rent being equivalent to throwing money away. And I am also living at home with my mom and dad while I go to school. But I would live in an apartment, a rented apartment, in a heartbeat if I could swing it without having a full time job. Where is his sense of independence? That's a red flag if I've ever seen one - but I seem to be ignoring them left and right anyway. What's another one?

Oh and did I mention that the second to last sentence of his email, right before "hope to hear from you soon," was "I also used to make fragrances."

What the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment